1: WHO ARE EXEMPTED FROM VISA TO VIETNAM?
Almost foreigners are required for a visa to enter Vietnam. However, foreigners whose nationalities are included in Vietnam visa exemption list approved by Vietnam Government (see below) are allowed to stay in Vietnam for a specified period:
- Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos passport holder: maximum 30 days.
- Philipines passport holder: maximum 21 days
- Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Rissa and Filand passport holer: maximum 15 days.
- Brunei, Myanmar passport holders: maximum 14 days
- French holding valid diplomatic or official passports: maximum 90 days or several visits of maximum 6 months.
- Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports: maximum 90 days.
- APEC Business travel card (ABTC) holders from Asia – Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies: maximum 90 days
- From 01/07/2015 to 01/07/2016, it is happly for five Europe countries that is free visa for them when entering into Vietnam. They are France, Germany, Spain, Italy, The United Kingdom (UK). They will have 15 free days in Vietnam which don’t need the vietnam visa.
- For foreigners and Vietnamese holding foreign passports who travel to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam through an international border gate and stay in the island less than 30 days will be granted Vietnam visa exemption. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in the island, if visitors want to travel to other localities or stay in the longer period, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visa on the spot.
2: HOW MANY KIND OF VIETNAM VISA ARE THERE?
In terms of traveling purposes, there are 2 types of visas:
- Tourist visa: applied for visa of up to 3 months
- Visa for other purposes: applied for 3 months visa
In terms of staying length and number of entries, there are five types of visa:
- 1 month single entry visa
- 1 month multiple entry visa (full 30 days)
- 1 month multiple entry visa (less 30 days)
- 3 months single entry visa
- 3 months multiple entry visa.
3: WHAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN A SINGLE ENTRY VISA AND A MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA?
- Single entry visa: travellers applying for single entry visa are permitted to enter Vietnam once during their visa validity.
- Multiple entry visa: travellers applying for multiple entry visa are permitted to enter and exit Vietnam as many times as they want during their visa validity
4: WHAT IS VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL?
- Vietnam visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa for vietnam in addtion to the traditional way of getting a visa at Vietnam embassy.
- To get visa on arrival, you are required to submit an online application form for an approval letter. After getting the approval letter, you just need to print it out. Upon your arrival at one international airport in Vietnam, you show the printed approval letter together with your valid passport, two passport – sized photos, fill in the form, and pay the stamping fee to the Immigration officers to get the visa.
5:WHAT IS THE ” APPROVAL LETTER “
- The approval letter is a document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Ministry ofPublic Security) that allows travellers to board on the flight to Vietnam and get a visa stamped on their passport upon their arrival at Vietnam international airport.
- To get this approval letter, the applicant is required to submit an application online to a travel agency. The travel agency will then do all paper work with the Vietnam Immigration Department to get the approval letter and send to the applicant via email.
6: WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR MY APPROVAL LETTER?
To complete the online application for a Vietnam visa approval letter, you need to provide the following information exactly as shown in your passport (once issued, the approval letter could not be amended in any way).
– Full name
– Date of birth (DOB)
– Passport number
– Passport expire date
+ Proposed arrival date & exit date
+ Purpose of visit
For further information, please see full Vietnam “Visa application form”
7: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE APPROVAL LETTER?
For normal nationalities, it takes 2 working days to get the approval letter (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and National/ International Holidays). For more difficult nationalities such as those from Africa or Middle East countries, it will take more time (please contact us dirrectly in this case).
In this regards, please also consider the time difference between Vietnam and your place.
In urgent case, you are able to have the approval letter within the 4 hours or 8 hours with surcharge.
8: HOW DO I RECEIVE MY VISA APPROVAL LETTER?
A copy of approval letter (in PDF format) will be sent to you by email. You just need to print it and bring it together with you to Vietnam.
9: WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST FOR A VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL?
- Serivce fee is the fee you pay us to do all paper works with the Vietnam Immigration Department get the visa approval letter. This fee is depending on several conditions such as the number of applicants, type of visa (one month or three months, single entry or multiple entry), kind of processing time (normal, urgent or super urgent), etc.. Please click on ” Visa fee” tab for more details.
- Stamping fee is the fee you pay directly in cash to the Immigration Officer at the Vietnam international airport to get visa stamped. Following is the current applicable stamping fee:
+ 1 month or 3 months single entry visa: USD 45 per passport;
+ 1 month multiple entry visa (less than 30 days): USD 65 per passport;
+ 1 month multiple full 30 days and 3 month multiple entry visa: USD 95 per passport;
10: WHICH CURRENCY SHOULD I USE TO PAY FOR STAMPING FEE?
You can pay stamping fee in whatever currency you have such as USD, VND, AUD, SGD, etc. But USD if highly recommended. The enchange rate will be specified by the Immigration office at the airport.
11: WHAT ARE THE PHOTO REQUIREMENT FOR VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL?
To get the visa on arrival, you need to prepare one photo upon your arrival with following requirements:
- Passport – sized, identical, taken within the past 6 months
- Full face, front view
- Plain white or off white background.
12: WHAT IS MY PASSPORT EXPIRED?
Your passport should be valid at least 6 months prior to your arrival date in Vietnam. If your passport is expired, you should renew your passport before applying for visa to Vietnam.
13: HOW CAN A VIETNAMESE HOLDING FOREIGN NATIONALITY GET A VIETNAM VISA?
As Vietnamese holding a foreign passport, you can choose one of the following way:
- Visit Vietnam embassy/Consulate in your country to get the visa exemption for Vietnamese oversea. Please visit this link for more info: http://mienthithuccvk.mofa.govn.vn/
- Apply for Vietnam visa online with us to save your time. You can apply online via our website.
14: CAN I TRAVEL WITHOUT THE LETTER AND GET THE VISA WHEN I ARRIVE?
No, you can not. The approval letter is compulsory for you to board the plane and to get the visa upon you arrival at the Vietnam international airport.
15: CAN I ENTER VIETNAM BEFORE MY ARRIVAL DATE MENTIONED IN THE APPROVAL LETTER?
No, you can not. It is possible for you to enter later than the arrival date mentioned in your approval letter, but earlier entry is impossible. If you wish to enter Vietnam earlier than the approval arrival date, you should apply for a new approval letter.
16: CAN I EXIT VIETNAM AFTER THE EXIT DATE MENTIONED IN THE APPROVAL LETTER?
No, you can not. You must exit Vietnam before the final date mentioned in the approval letter. In case you would like to extend your stay, you are recommended to apply for a visa extension. Please contact us for more information.
17: WHAT IF MY ARRIVAL AIRPORT CHANGES?
As long as you arrive on one of 3 international airports of Vietnam, you will be able to get visa on arrival. The 3 international airports are Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city, Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city.
18: MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER IS CORRECT, BUT IT IS NOT ACCEPTED. WHY?
– You may encounter one of these problems:
– The card expiration is incorrectly entered.
– You have reached your credit limit.
– There is a computer error.
– Visa Verified password / Master Secure Code incorrectly entered
19: WHAT IF MY PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED?
To apply for a visa to Vietnam, your passport must have at least 6 month’s validity. Therefore, if your passport is about to expire, please get a new one before applying for your visa in order to avoid unwanted problems at the airport.
20: WHERE TO GET THE VISA STAMP?
We arrange visa upon arrival at the airport for those entering Vietnam by air and wish to get visa at the airport. Therefore your visa must be picked up at the airport. You should contact Vietnamese embassy to get visa if you do not enter Vietnam by air.
You must have pre-approved letter from Vietnam Immigration Department that allow you to pick up your visa upon arrival to Vietnam at the airport. Without this letter you can not board the airplane and get visa when you arrive.
When you arrive at the airport of Vietnam, you will see “LANDING VISA” counter before you check-in, come to the “Landing visa” counter, show the pre-approved letter for checking on the system then wait for your visa stamped on your passport.
21: WHAT IS THE STAMPING FEE?
Stamping fee is a fee which direct payment to Vietnam Immigration Officer at the arrival Airport to get your visa stamp. This is fix amount to pay for Goverment.
Cash is recommended to prepare before you arrive at any Vietnamese airport:
- $45 for single entry visa, from 1 to 3 months single visa
- $65 for 1 month multiple entry visa (< 30 days)
- $95 for 3 month multiple entry visa
For convenient reason, you prepare cash to pay stamping fee before entering Vietnamese airports because you cannot pay by credit card, in case that there is not International ATM in the airport.
22: IN URGENT CASE, HOW FAST CAN I GET VIETNAM VISA APPROVAL LETTER?
There is one way to get visa to Vietnam express within 4 hours (even 30min) by apply Vietnam visa on arrival at Vietnam international airport. For rush visa to Vietnam, please do the following steps:
- First step: Send your passport details with rush Vietnam visa request. Please send us your passport detail by scan your passport then send to email@example.com with rush visa to Vietnam request or send the form online through our site with special request for rush visa. We can process visa Vietnam express for you base on your request. Please advise us exactly which airport you will enter Vietnam.
- Second step: call us to confirm rush visa to Vietnam. Please call us at: +84 908371993. After receiving your rush visa request to Vietnam, we will contact with Vietnam Immigration Department for the rush visa then confirm to you within 30 minutes.
- We are not responsible for any refusal on your rush visa to Vietnam, as Vietnam Immigration Department will check your records and deciding your visa request approved or dis-approved.
- Rush visa to Vietnam will be stamped at Vietnam International Airport (Noi Bai or Tan Son Nhat or Da Nang Airport).
- Rush visa will be approved for 1 month single entry only.
Check if you need a visa to vietnamAustralian citizens
New Zealand citizens